‘Tis the season to break out your sequins and sparkles.
I love Christmastime for a lot of reasons but one is most definitely the ability to wear whatever you feel in the name of the season. Holiday parties are in full swing and rules that normally apply to the rest of the year; come December, don’t.
The Holidays bring about a chance for everyone to express themselves and I say the bolder, sparklier and brighter the better!
1. Go for rich earth tones. (Navy, Emerald, Gold, Brown, Black, Gray & Cream)
2. Choose to wear it as an accent piece and make sure to pair it with something matte.
3. Don’t wear more than one item per outfit. (SEQUIN & SPARKLE OVERLOAD) Keep it subtle.
4. There is a huge disparity between hand sewn and machine sewn sequins. The latter is much more affordable but if you can, go for the hand sewn, the quality is better and the look is much richer.
5. Make sure to launder it appropriately and wear it with care. Sequins are expensive and difficult to repair.
So now that you know the rules(-ish), I ask you to go to the back of your closet and pull out the items you think are over the top. Try them on, take a strut around your bedroom and rethink your notion that you wouldn’t dare.
Fashion risks are always explainable and who doesn’t want to glisten anyway?
Luella says…Go Glitter.
What do you love to pull out of your closet and wear during the Holiday party season?
Take a photo as you are on your way out the door and let me see your style!!